NetPing company announces the issue of the updated firmware version DKSF 48.4.7 for the device NetPing 8/PWR-220 v4/SMS. This firmware version contains fixes of errors and a small implementation of the new functionality.
What has been changed in the latest version?
Firmware Version DKSF 48.4.7 from 22.03.2016:
- The issue of a timely (until rebooting) loss of access to a device via a network while saving network settings of a device by buttons, which do not relate to the section «Network Settings» at the page «Setup» of a device web interface is fixed;
- In a previous firmware version, a configuration of inputs made using HTTP API commands has not been saved in a nonvolatile memory of a device. Now the issue is eliminated;
- A failure when forming a periodic e-mail report about a status of sensors, if no sensors are included into a report, is fixed. Now an empty report is sent instead of a block of random characters with the text «- empty report -»;
- A spontaneous reboot of a device when receiving a long SMS-notification, which caused overfill of a buffer while displaying a log of a built-in GSM modem is eliminated;
- A TCP client and a module for sending e-mail notifications are updated. As a result, a probability of failures when sending long e-mail notifications (reports) is reduced;
- English page of a web interface for smoke sensors in English firmware version is aligned with the Russian one;
- A support of Cyrillic and special characters of Windows-1251 encoding, except diacritics, is realized in a username and a password in a web interface of a device;
- A memo about changing an input power supply mode, which is adjusted on the page «220V Management» of a web interface is added to the events of a system log;
- In the MIB file of the current firmware version, a description of an SNMP OID variable «npGsmSendSms» is updated: «Cyrillic text must be encoded in UTF-8»;
- In the MIB file of the current firmware version, a description of an SNMP OID variable «npRelayFlip» is updated: a description of a «read-only» access is corrected to «read-write»;
- Events about changing a power supply mode of inputs, which are adjusted by HTTP API commands are added in the system log of a device;
- At the page «Input-Output» of a device web-interface, a length of fields for memos of IO lines is limited to 30 characters.
NetPing company recommends updating the firmware of the NetPing 8/PWR-220 v4/SMS device to the latest version. Updates are available at the official website of the company at the page of a device description in the section «Documentation and Files». We hope that updating to the new firmware version will enhance quality and reliability of a device operation.
netpingdevice.com - we develop, manufacture and sell monitoring devices for server rooms as well as for a remote monitoring.
7F.-2, No.25, Sec. 1, Zhonghua Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)