Company NetPing global Ltd. announces the issue of firmware updates for devices of remote controlling power supply sockets (IP PDU) NetPing 2/PWR-220 v3/ETH and NetPing 2/PWR-220 v4/SMS. New firmware versions of devices contain implementation of new functionality and a correction of errors.
What have been changed in the latest version?
Firmware Version 52.10.4 DKSF 202.10.4 from 19.09.2016:
IO lines and relays, a representation of a correct memo of the eighth channel of temperature sensor, if a humidity sensor is connected to a device, are restored in a periodic e-mail report on a status of sensors.
Firmware Version DKSF 52.10.3 DKSF 202.10.3 from 13.09.2016:
- An SMS command «NETPING PnRt <community>» is updated to reboot a built-in relay. Now in the command itself it is possible to set a reset time (t) for a relay in seconds;
- An issue of freezing of a network stack of a device when a relay management mode is multiply switched by an SNMP protocol is eliminated;
- An inoperability of both channels of the module «Pinger» on the page «SMS» of a device web interface, which appeared in the firmware version DKSF 52.10.1, DKSF 202.10.1 is fixed;
- An algorithm of operation of an SMS command «NETPING U <community>» for a USSD request of a SIM card balance is improved. In a previous firmware version, SMS notification with a balance of a SIM card may not be received: AT command of a USSD request was not executed from time to time, because GSM modem was busy with transferring a response to an SMS command;
- An algorithm of the repeated sending of SMS notifications after freezing of a built-in GSM modem (CME ERROR: PS Busy) is fixed. This fix must decrease a percent of thrown SMS notifications, because it is impossible to deliver them;
- An operability of the first channel of the module «Watchdog» is fixed. In a previous firmware version DKSF 52.10.1, DKSF 202.10.1, only the second channel worked correctly;
- Sending «empty» SNMP TRAP notifications from built-in relays of a device is fixed;
- A possibility to save a backup copy of a device configuration and restoring a configuration through a binary image in a file with a compatibility control of firmware version is implemented.
Firmware Version DKSF 52.10.1 DKSF 202.10.1 from 31.08.2016:
- SNMP TRAP notifications with a possibility to encode an event and a relay number in TrapOID from built-in relays of three types: switching on/off a relay, changing a management mode of a relay, reset (short-term switching) a relay are implemented;
- The second channel of the module «Pinger» with corresponding SMS notifications are added to the page «SMS» of a device web interface;
- An SMS command «NETPING U <community>» for a USSD request for a balance of a SIM card is implemented. A response from a GSM network is forwarded by firmware as an SMS notification to the phone number, from which this command has been sent;
- A support of sending «long» SMS notifications and SMS reports is implemented. In this firmware version, the limits for the length of an SMS in 70 characters are removed. Now GSM7 encoding and a fragmentation of SMS notifications are supported;
- An obligatory field «MIME-Version: 1.0» is added to the heading of an e-mail notification. Without this field, some SMTP servers processed an e-mail notification improperly;
- All inactive check boxes are hidden in a web interface of a device;
- The information about built-in relays is added to a periodic SMS report about a status of a device;
- A distortion of the sequence of events in a log after resetting parameters of a device to «default» values is fixed;
- Now «Watchdog» does not check tested network nodes, if a built-in relay is not managed by «Watchdog»;
- Statuses of an extension IR module IRC-TR v2 are updated to correct ones in the MIB file (SNMP OID «npIrStatus») of a current firmware version;
- An issue of displaying an unchangeable memo «rel.hum.t» from a humidity sensor on the eight temperature channel when reading a memo via an SNMP protocol (SNMP OID «npThermoMemo.8») is eliminated.
Company NetPing global Ltd. recommends updating firmware of devices NetPing 2/PWR-220 v3/ETH and NetPing 2/PWR-220 v4/SMS to the latest version. Updates are available on the official website in the section «Documentation and Files». We hope that update of a new firmware version will increase quality and reliability of operation of devices of remote management of power supply sockets (IP PDU).
netpingdevice.com - we develop, manufacture and sell monitoring devices for server rooms as well as for a remote monitoring.
7F.-2, No.25, Sec. 1, Zhonghua Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)