A NetPing east Co Ltd. company announces the issue of a firmware update for a device of remote controlling power supply sockets (IP PDU) NetPing 2/PWR-220 v4/SMS. A new firmware version contains implementation of new features and bug fixes.
So what have been changed in the latest version?
Firmware Version DKSF 202.10.12 from 05.07.2017:
- A response to an SMS command «NP REPLY A? <community>» that requests a battery status has been changed. Now a response to an SMS command contains added statuses «CHARGING» (a battery is charging), «FULL» (a battery is fully charged);
- The operation algorithm of the module «Watchdog» has been changed. Now, if a device works from a built-in battery, «Watchdog» stops checking the host availability in the network and reload a relay. Such operation mode allows preventing receiving false SMS notifivations about reloading a relay, when relays of devices are completely de-energized;
- The operation algorithm of a GSM modem is changed after its freezing and rebooting. Now, in such case all activity of a GSM modem is stopped and zeroed, except sending SMS, if this operation was stopped by freezing of a modem. If an SMS is long, it is repeadly sent starting from the first part of it. Unprocessed incoming SMS are rejected in a memory of a modem;
- The functionality on disabling notifications from IO lines, temperature and humidity sensors when initializing after the firmware start or restart. This allows to stop sending false notifications, which appear as a result of undetermined status of sensors after the firmware start (restart);
- A new relay control mode is added «Schedule + Logic». In this mode, a relay is controlled by both modules «Schedule» and «Logic» simultaneously. When the module «Schedule» gives the status «On», a status of a relay is determined by the rules specified in the module «Logic». When the module «Schedule» gives the status «Off», a relay is swtiched off, the rules for this relay are ignored in the module «Logic». The mode «Schedule + Logic» may be enabled through a web interface of a device using SNMP SET and HTTP API commands;
- Freezing of a GSM modem in the process of reading a new received SMS notification is eliminated;
- The operation of a GSM modem is enhanced during processing responses to USSD requests in cellular networks. In previous firmware, a GSM modem could reboot in several cases of receiving the error in response to an USSD request;
- Rebooting of a device when processing an overly long SMS notification is eliminated. Now a notification is cut when a text is displayed in a log, which prevents the overfilling of a buffer;
- On the page «SMS» of a device web interface, a date and time of the last error of a GSM modem is added:
The company NetPing east Co Ltd. recommends updating the firmware of a device NetPing 2/PWR-220 v4/SMS to the latest version. Updates are available on the official website in the section «Documentation and Files». We hope that the update of a new firmware version will increase the quality and reliability of operation of devices for remote controlling power supply sockets (IP PDU).
netpingdevice.com - we develop, manufacture and sell monitoring devices for server rooms as well as for a remote monitoring.
7F.-2, No.25, Sec. 1, Zhonghua Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)