The company NetPing east Co Ltd. announces the issue of firmware updates for the devices for monitoring microclimate in server rooms UniPing server solution v4/SMS and UniPing server solution v3. New firmware versions of devices include changes in functionality and error fixes.
What has been changed in the latest version?
Firmware Version DKSF 70.7.2 DKSF 71.7.2 from 16.01.2019:
- A possibility to configure half-hour and 45-minute timezones, which allows using monitoring devices NetPing/UniPing in the countries with the current standard of Coordinated Universal Time.
- A feature of configuring colors (for squares) for current logic levels of IO-lines in a web interface is implemented that is going to benefit the visualization of the status of a sensor/device connected to this line.
- A feature of redirecting incoming SMS to the log, syslog, email and through SNMP TRAP is implemented. Previously, the text of incoming SMS has been recorded only in the log of a device that had a limited storage depth, and incoming SMS could be quickly lost.
- Whitelisting numbers is implemented (allow all numbers, allow certain numbers), which allows granting permission to control a device using SMS commands from certain numbers (checkboxes «Control» on the page «SMS»), but not from all phone numbers as it was in previous firmware versions. Before, an SMS command has been checked using the SNMP community only, but now it can be checked via the SNMP community and the allowed phone number.
- A feature of temporary disabling SMS notifications to certain numbers is added. This feature can be useful, when an employee takes a vacation, for example (checkboxes «Notif» on the page «SMS»). A memo is added to the mobile number to indicate who this number belongs to, for example.
- For configured notifications, a new source is added — GSM, including «SMS from unknown sender» and «non-command SMS», which is going to allow redirecting incoming SMS having signs of attempts of unauthorized control in E-mail, via SMS and using HTTP GET (Webhook functionality).
- Notifications from sensors at UniPing server solution v3 (DKSF 71.7.2, without a GSM module) exclude a possibility of activating checkboxes for sending SMS notifications.
- The number of switching on/switching off intervals for relays in the module «Schedule» is increased to six, which now allows specifying a more detailed schedule for a relay within 24 hours.
- A possibility to download MIB, OIDLIB files and Zabbix templates from a web interface (the page «Documentation») is added;
- A possibility of adding configured email notifications is added, which allows configuring a subject and a text of email notifications (the page «Notifications»);
- It is now possible to choose «any channel» in configured notifications (the page «Notifications»), which allows applying a configured notification to any channel of a selected sensor type. For example, before, it was possible to configure similar notifications for all eight temperature sensors only by adding eight such notifications, for each channel separately, which is not convenient considering their limited number. Now, by choosing «any channel», you can apply one configured notification for each one of the temperature sensors.
- Auxiliary SMS commands for requesting the status of all connected temperature sensors («T?») and humidity sensors («H?») are implemented. A sensor is considered connected if there is a specified 1-Wire ID for it on the corresponding page of a web interface.
- The HTTP API command requesting the status of all IO lines is added («», a result will be obtained as a bit card).
- A feature of specifying a period for suppressing repeated notifications from IO lines is added. It works for a motion sensor. For example, when a long-term movement of maintenance staff is noticed in a server room, only one notification will be sent for the specified suppression period, not the endless number of notifications each time when a sensor is triggered (it is configured in a dialogue for configuring notifications for each IO line).
- A record about resetting a timezone and switching to daylight saving time is added to the log.
- A log record about the initiation of the reboot is added that indicates the initiator (whether the reboot was initiated using a web interface, via SNMP or SMS) and reasons for the reboot (regular software reboot, internal power-on reset), which is helpful to find out the causes of unplanned reboots.
- A possibility to configure a port for sending SNMP TRAP notifications is realized.
- A possibility to configure repeated notifications from temperature sensors is added (repeat three times with a specified period, date and time of the first notification included). It is a kind of reminder about temperature issues on the object (it is configured in a dialogue for configuring notifications for each temperature sensor).
- The operation of «Logic» is not blocking (anarchic) anymore. Conditions «IF» and «WHILE» that hold events at the output (for example, WHILE TSTAT1 is above a specified T, keep PWR1 switched on) are not used anymore at the input. Device peripherals, such as IO lines and relays can now get the control commands from both «Logic» and all other possible control sources (for example, manual, from «Watchdog», via SMS, through the HTTP API, etc.).
- Simultaneous operation of the modules «Logic», «Schedule» and «Watchdog» is implemented. Now, a built-in relay is equally controlled by any source, not only by the specified one, as it was before. This allows to configure the operation of a built-in relay in more details and more precisely, depending on various events. To allow this or another module to control a relay, there is a need to enable a corresponding module on its page in a web interface.
- The section «THERMO (HYDRO) STAT» is removed from the module «Logic». Now, this feature can be used through the rules of the logic. Such a solution allows using the features of «THERMO (HYDRO) STAT» for any eight temperature and humidity sensors.
- IO 5 — IO8 are added to the module «Logic». Before, this module could work with IO 1 — IO 4 only, which limited the automation of processes and possible sensors/devices — automation participants.
- A new logic element is added - «Signal». This element is used for connecting logic rules and configured notifications. For example, it is possible to set «Signal 1» using the rule output and specify the same signal in configured notifications. In other words, a device will send a notification configured by a user when executing a logic rule.
- A new element of the logic — the timer/counter is added. It will allow implementing delays, cyclic processes, macros, and checking the frequency of events.
- SMS commands are made case insensitive including the first capital letters of the command;
- The button «Test» is added to the configuration page «SMS» of a web interface that is aimed to test the operability of the built-in GSM modem.
- A possibility of default automatic configuration of the SMTP server and sending text email notifications for testing a configured SMTP configuration of a device and working with the SMTP server using the button «Test» is implemented.
Fixes, changes, improvements:
- The restoration algorithm for the GSM module after failures and a device reboot is improved, which decreased the number of possible errors that take place when working with a GSM module and enhanced its operational stability.
- A bug related to the device rebooting when receiving super long CUSD is fixed and the USSD response is optimized when working through SSE and without SSE (possible freezes and modem reboots when requesting the balance and other USSD requests).
- Design of the «SMS» page of a device web interface has been changed for more convenient using.
- «Limiting the number of consecutive resets» of the module «Watchdog» was fixed (the limit was N+1, now it is N).
- The operation of the hysteresis when connecting after the failure of temperature and humidity sensors with readings on the threshold of normal values is corrected. Previously, the outreach over the thresholds was fixed when the operation of the sensor was restored after the failure and the readings were on the threshold of the normal values.
- Checkboxes «Switch on all notifications» and «Switch off all notifications» are added to pop-up dialogues for configuring notifications for some sensors and relays.
- The bug of delayed freezing and rebooting the GSM module when losing parts of incoming SMS is fixed.
- The bug of not having enough space for all sensors in a periodic email report is fixed.
- A possibility to choose operation modes of built-in relays, IO lines, and smoke sensor power supply (current loop) is removed because of the changes in the management logic.
- A periodic email report is now sent in the HTML-format.
The company NetPing east Co Ltd. recommends updating the firmware of devices UniPing server solution v4/SMS and UniPing server solution v3 to the latest version. Updates are available at the official website in the section «Documentation and Files». We hope that the new firmware version will enhance the quality and reliability of the operation of devices for server room microclimate monitoring.
netpingdevice.com - we develop, manufacture and sell monitoring devices for server rooms as well as for a remote monitoring
7F.-2, No.25, Sec. 1, Zhonghua Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)